Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Dan Wells on Story Structure, part 1 of 5




I just found this video on another blog and thought I would share it. There are 5 parts so I will post one a night.

As for my revision process that started yesterday...I am currently reading my novel. In every chapter, page, paragraph and sentence I see REVISION. But that is good. At least I'm seeing things that need to be fixed/deleted. I would rather have this then being so in love with every word I wrote that I couldn't delete, remove or rewrite any of it. I will continue reading my novel, taking notes along the way, and next week I will start to work on Chapter 1. Here I am going to spend the most time. When I first started this novel I wrote in the 1rst person then switched over to 3 person. Now I have to change the beginning. I am hoping it doesn't become a big ordeal.

As for the vlog - I had a problem downloading the video. Spent half the day on Sunday. I will try again later in the week.



1 comment:

  1. Great video. When are you posting the next one? I was taking notes and everything :) Way to go pounding out your revisions. There will be many ordeals before you ever finish, but you'll get there. Love you, dut

    ReplyDelete