Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Countdown to NaNoWriMo

Well, the countdown has begone. Less than a week till November 1st and the start of NaNoWriMo 2011. To be exact at this moment we have 5 days 9 hours and 35 minutes. Last year I didn't finish. My daughter, Dustin, did. She managed to pound out 50,000 words in 30 days of November. I managed a dismall 6,386. But, this year is going to be different.
So far, I have no idea of what I am going to write. I know it will be a Young Adult Fiction. I love to read YA books. As a matter of fact I just finished Chris Priestley's "Mister Creecher" and I just picked up at my local library Liam Tanner's "Museum of Thieves". But what will I write?
I have been thinking about it for a couple of weeks and it seems that the more I think about it the more confused and uncertain I am. What will probably happen is on Monday the 31 of October, as Trick-or-Treeters are roaming the neiborhood in all types of goolish outfits in search of candy I will be poised at my computer with a plank Word document open ready to start typing my fingers to a nub.
It doesn't matter if I have a plan, plot or draft, on paper or in my head. If I am not at the computer every day the best laid plan, plot or draft will die by the wayside. The key is to be ready each day, pen and pad in hand or fingers on the keyboard and WRITE. Good, Bad or Indifferent. It doesn't matter. The Key is to WRITE, WRITE, & WRITE SOME MORE.
That's my plan and I'm sticking to it. If you are participating in NaNoWriMo 2011 Good Luck and remember, WRITE,WRITE, & WRITE SOME MORE.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah! I'll be holing you to that plan, and I hope you'll hold me to it too :) Down with editing! Up with writing!

    ReplyDelete